College of Engineering Tutoring Program
The SDSU College of Engineering tutoring program is free to SDSU students and facilitated by the SDSU MESA program. Tutors are SDSU students in good standing with the university and have previously taken the course and earned a high letter grade.
Tutoring approaches can vary based on the number of students present. 1-on-1, small group, virtual, and other tutoring approaches may be used, as decided by tutor, faculty, and staff.
Courses offered are based on budget, tutor availability, room availability, SDSU Analytic Studies & Institutional Research data of high-need courses, impaction criteria, and department discretion for undergraduate engineering majors.
The tutoring program does not share tutor contact information nor arrange private tutoring between tutors and any students. For questions about the Tutoring Program, please contact [email protected]
Spring 2023 Tutoring Schedule & Engineering Tutors
Tutoring is expected to begin in early February. To view the Tutoring Schedule for a course, click on the course title link.
The link will open up a Google Calendar view, with the course tutoring session days, times, locations, and updates to sessions (such as cancellations).
In-person tutoring is held in the Daisy Galeana & Theresa M. Garcia MESA Collaborative Annex, E216A (view room calendar) (located within the Center for Student Success in Engineering, E216).
For further assistance in STEM courses, visit:
- Respective college departments
- Course and department Discord servers, social media groups
- Faculty offices hours
- Graduate/Teaching Assistants
- Wireless Power Transfer YouTube Channel (Math and Algebra, MATLAB tutorials)
- College of Engineering Student Success Center
- College of Science Student Success Centers
- EOP Learning Support Center (LSC)
- Math & Stats Learning Center (MSLC)
- Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Writing Center
- College Councils & Graduate Student Association
- Recognized Student Organizations
- SDSU Navigate EAB (use the Get Assistance button and selecting Tutoring, and then following the prompts to find a tutor or search for your course)
- Advertisement boards for private tutoring
- Peers (form study groups)
Spring 2023 Tutor Job Announcement
Spring 2023 Tutor Assistant Job Announcement
Tutor Job Description of Duties
Spring 2023 Tutor Job Application*
* You'll need to be logged into your @sdsu.edu account in order to access the Tutor Job Application.
Spring 2023 Tutor Assistant Job Application*
* You'll need to be logged into your @sdsu.edu account in order to access the Tutor Assistant Job Application.